How to find hidden apps on Android
Are you aware that Android has an entire hidden app market? That’s true. Everywhere, kids are hiding apps from their parents. It’s not just about apps. Images, videos, and messages are among them. Does that sound scary? The answer is no. You will find details about how to find hidden apps on Android here. It’s not as complicated as you think. Additionally, you can use some apps to find discreet Android apps.
Vault Apps: What Is Their Purpose? Do They Work Like Hidden Apps?
You can use vault apps to keep personal details on your phone. You may have photos, videos, and messages that you do not want other people to see. The vault requires that you have a password to access its contents.
Most vault apps’ icons and cover pages are fake, so anyone accessing your phone won’t know what the app is or what it contains. Some hidden apps are vault apps, while others aren’t. It is possible for your child to hide an ordinary messaging app on their phone, so you don’t realize they are using it. Indeed, messaging apps aren’t vaulted, but they’re hidden in this case.
Identifying hidden apps from the App Drawer
On Android devices, apps can be seen on the home screen, but not every app is visible. A circle with six dots appears in the lower-middle section of the screen. Touch this icon to open the app drawer. You will then see the entire list of installed apps, including vault apps.
Tapping on the icon brings up an alphabetical list of all the apps installed. In most cases, it will display the apps on your Android device. However, some may be hidden. Follow these steps to reveal these hidden apps.
- To access the app drawer, tap on the three dots in the right-upper corner.
- Select Hide apps from the menu.
- Apps that have been hidden are displayed in the app list. If this screen is blank or if the Hide app option is missing, no apps are hidden.
The Secret to Finding Hidden Apps in Settings
A complete list of apps can also be accessed from the Settings app – tap Settings (the gear icon). Navigate to Settings > Apps & notifications, then click See all apps.
Besides the applications, in the app list, you can also find system files and apps, which are necessary for the Android operating system to operate properly. Select Show system from the three dots in the upper-right corner and you will see these.
Check out Android Trick Apps
It may not be easy to tell what’s happening with an Android phone or tablet just by looking at its icon and name. Several apps are available on Google Play that seems like one sort of app but hides images, videos, and other data.
Smart Hide Calculator is a famous example that looks and works like a basic calculator, but it can store files. Its UI is fully functional, but when a user enters their PIN code, the calculator reveals its true purpose.
You can double-check the identity of any Android app by following these steps.
- To view the menu, hold down the app icon.
- Put the small I on top of the pencil in a circle.
- On this page, you can find detailed information about the app, such as its storage and permissions. Tap on the App details.
- Google Play displays the app’s product page. Various information, including other users’ ratings and reviews, can be found here.
How to Understand Android Folders & Screens
Unlike most smartphones and tablets, Android devices provide an extended horizontal display of their home screen. Additionally, a home screen can be sorted into groups of apps and widgets, and apps can be hidden from view.
Android devices allow users to view all the sections of the home screen by swiping left to right.
Depending on how many additional screens are generated, continue to swipe left until you are not able to see any more icons.
You can also hide apps on Android by placing them within a folder. You can see folders on the home screen, and they appear as four small app icons. The folder will open if you tap it, and the apps will be visible.
Do Not Ignore Web Apps.
Increasingly, websites offer full app functionality, allowing users to access that content without downloading and installing a separate app. As an example of an app that can be used with a web browser such as Chrome, Edge, or Firefox, Instagram is widely popular. Another example is Tinder.
You can review a user’s browser history on their Android device to determine if they have visited a specific website. Since most browsers allow you to delete the history of your browsing, this isn’t a foolproof method of finding out what websites someone has visited.
There are a few reasons why your children might be hiding apps.
Children are apt to hide information from their parents. Likely, you did not explain everything to your parents when you were a kid. That is still true today. The threat of online violence is especially harmful to teens and children of all ages. Moreover, if they use hidden Android apps, you won’t be aware of it.
Hiding apps on an Android device: pros and cons
Just like any software-related product, hidden apps have both advantages and disadvantages. In this article, we’ll cover some of the pros and cons of using hidden apps. Check it out:
There are several advantages to hiding apps:
- Using this application, parents can monitor the online activity of their children of a certain age group. Likewise, you should check their web history and their social media profiles.
- In some cases, it may help hide unpleasant chats and other media files from children and other people.
Hidden applications have the following cons:
- Most hidden apps enable you to conceal sensitive information, private conversations, and media files from others. This can ruin your relationships with loved ones and your partner as well if used frequently.
- We live in a world where internet access and mobile phones are so easy. It has made children more aware of how to hide their phone stuff. By hiding these apps, children can conceal their activities from their parents, making control over their lives difficult.
- If the person is not aware of these hidden features, he/she may be at risk for spyware.
I hope you find this article useful. We welcome your feedback in the comment section if you have any further questions. If you enjoyed our content, please share it with your friends.
You are a great writer. Do you have any more sites?
Hello, i think that i saw you visited my site thus i
came to “return the favor”.I’m attempting to find things
to improve my web site!I suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!!
It’s the best time to make some plans for the future and
it’s time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you few interesting
things or advice. Perhaps you can write next articles referring to this article.
I desire to read even more things about it!
Just wanted to say thanks!
This is a really good tip particularly to those new to the blogosphere.
Brief but very precise information… Thank you for sharing this
one. A must read post!