Android is one of the fastest-growing technologies with more than __ users worldwide. Its numerous modification features make it a target for hackers, therefore, security breaches are expected at high rates. If you want to secure your android phone, dive into the analysis of ‘How to fix a hacked Android device’
How to know if you are hacked?
The following are the most common symptoms of a compromised device. Hacked Android devices can be fixed, once you interpret the signals aptly.
- Performance – If your phone’s security is compromised, it’ll start working a little off the mark. Perhaps, you’ll find it working slowly or like someone is using your phone. If someone is remotely accessing your machine(via the internet), the consumption of data will be more and once the hacker is playing with your files, the device will become sluggish.
Note: Slow performance can also be a reason for less space or any pending update, so, make sure you have all your software updates ready before operating it.
- Unknown Apps- This is the most common way hackers spy your phone. These days scammers make users install apps in the name of loans or money-making, once you give unneeded permissions(camera, microphone, and gallery) one can access your stuff. A spying app will always use more data from your phone. Check the data consumption of apps, If you notice any suspicious app on your phone, Delete it.
- Battery levels- As more data is being taken from your device, the battery levels will fall really soon. If you notice strange falls in the battery, keep track of battery usage by the applications. Though, old phones can experience this quite often.
- SMS- If you receive a strange text for the services you never opted for, it’s likely to believe someone malware has entered your phone and exchanging information from your device.
How to prevent yourself from phone hacking
It’s easy to fix your Android phone if certain precautions are taken.
- Always keep track of your Apps and their battery usage. To fix your Android phone, go to settings and change “Install Unknown Apps” permission to deny. Though, all of the devices come with this by default.
- According to Kaspersky Lab, 1 in 4 hotspots are not secure. To avoid connection, try not to use Public WiFi and unknown hotspots.
- Don’t respond to fake callers, to avoid falling into the trap of Social Engineering.
So, If your device has any of the symptoms as discussed above, perform all the solutions listed, this is how you can fix hacked Android phone. it’s observed that nobody can trespass your phone security until and unless we go for a wrong move. Fixing any hacked Android phone is easy if we practice vigilance.
If you want to learn more about what is hacking and how to prevent yourself from online hackers click here.