How to remove shortcut virus from Windows PC
Computers are much like human beings, they too can get infected by numerous viruses, which ultimately make our PC sick. Some viruses target performance while others become a threat to security. In this article, we will find ways to deal with the Shortcut Virus.
Let’s all agree that seeing unnecessary shortcut files all over your PC is really annoying, that too when compromises the system’s performance gets into our nerves.
In the first place we try to delete them directly on our own but many times it comes back like that little pimple you squeezed a few hours prior.
So how can we actually delete these unwanted files, let’s see some shortcut methods to get rid of Shortcut Virus.
Here are a handful of methods that can be used to remove shortcut virus from computers.
(A) Using CMD
1. Click on Start menu and go to “Run”
2. Open Command prompt by typing CMD in the search box.
3. Look for the letter of your drive partition in PC (could be any C, D, E etc)
4. Type the command: “attrib g:. /d /s -h -r -s” without qoutes and hit Enter.
B) Using Anti virus
You can take help of the following softwares to remove the shortcut files on your system.
1.Trojan Removal Tool;
2.Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, etc.
You can follow a step by step process, this method can provide robustness to the system too.
C) Deleting from Registry
1. Press Windows +R, type: regedit and hit enter that will let you to the registry;
2. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Click on Software -> Microsoft -> Windows -> CurrentVersion -> then click on run;
3. Press Windows + R, type the command “msconfig” then Click on OK.
4. Select uncheck everything but not the antivirus software.
5. Click on OK , then click on restart now button.
D) Executing with .bat file
1. Go to notepad
2. Type the following command
attrib -h -s -r -a /s /d Drive_name:.
attrib -h -s -r -a /s /d drive_name:.
attrib -h -s -r -a /s /d drive_name:.
3. Now, you have to save this file with remove virus.bat
“Now replace the Name_drive with infected drive name.
4. Close the file and then run it.
After completion of steps, remove this file from drive.
Viruses are inevitable to PC’s but we also must not forget that many times our negligence can cause harm to the PC, there are some preventive measures, that can be taken for avoiding virus entry.
1. Never download any application without any reason. Mainly third party applications (from not trusted sources)if needed, go for immediate check.
2. Don’t plug your Pen drive into anyone’s system, this can lead to virus contact between two of the devices.
3. Scan pendrives and USB everytime you use, for a security check.
4. Update Anti virus on time, this adds up to better protection form viruses, which eventually makes your system secure and better.
5. Avoid clicking files from unknown, unexpected and untrusted senders this may lead to harmful scripts running on your PC.
I hope you find this article informative. If you have any doubts or queries please ask in comments.
My brother recommended I may like this blog.
He was entirely right. This post truly made my day.
You can not believe simply how a lot time I had spent
for this info! Thanks!
Hi there! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering which
blog platform are you using for this site? I’m getting fed up of WordPress because I’ve
had issues with hackers and I’m looking at options for another
platform. I would be great if you could point me
in the direction of a good platform.
I know this site provides quality dependent content and extra stuff,
is there any other web page which offers these kinds of data in quality?
Thanks designed for sharing such a fastidious opinion, paragraph is pleasant, thats why i have read it completely
Very nice article. I definitely love this website.
Continue the good work!